On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 19:19 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
>> Am 05.05.2010, 02:18 Uhr, schrieb Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com>:
>>
>> > Relying on scan ordering is like relying on import ordering to do
>> > configuration in an application.  You can do it if you want, but you get
>> > to keep both pieces when it breaks.
>>
>> Would it make sense to raise a configuration error like ZCML does?
>
> Probably.  This would be most consistent.  Decorator configuration is
> more like ZCML than it is like imperative configuration.

+1

FWIW, I can imagine something spelled sort of like:

@bfg_view(name='something', overrides='baseapp.views.someview')
def my_view(request):

If the overriding registration specifically calls out what it is its
overriding you can still figure out who's supposed to win in a
conflict without trying to rely on scan order.

Chris