Hi Charlie,

Thanks for checking it out...

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 15:00 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 09.05.2010, 07:50 Uhr, schrieb Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com>:
>
> > This piece of software will be an important piece of any new CMS-ish
> > systems I develop going forward, so it's important to me that I get it
> > right.  Therefore, as always, and even more so, feedback on the
> > documentation and demo software is appreciated.  Tryouts are even more
> > appreciated.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> just flipping through the documentation and things are looking good. I
> like the fact that schemas avoid the confusion that Zope "interfaces as
> schemas" can cause. Nevertheless, it can be convenient to be able to tie
> them together.

I'll definitely be working on a system at some point that generates
forms from the definition of a "content type".  I don't know if those
definitions will be done in terms of a Zope interface or not yet.  So at
this point my attitude is "it can be convenient to generate forms from
content", which may or may not turn out to be the same thing as "it can
be convenient to generate forms from Zope interfaces".

> As with all libraries of this kind the necessary abstraction requires some
> new concepts or terminologies. I think I understand and like the
> appstruct, cstruct and pstruct things (if not the names) but only working
> with them will let me know. However, the definition of pstruct is either
> incorrect or misleading:
>
> "pstruct
> Data deserialized by Peppercorn to a representation suitable for
> consumption by a deform deserializer. Usually, when used in deform, a
> cstruct is composed entirely of lists, dictionaries, strings, and file
> objects."
>
> I guess it should be "pstruct" in the second sentence.

Yes.  Fixed, thanks.

>  What happens to
> data going through a form and back is key to understanding what any form
> library has to do.

There's a chapter about that:
http://docs.repoze.org/deform/serialization.html

Further critical eye on documentation appreciated.

Thanks!

- C