Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Five Tips for Healthier Houseplants

If your houseplants are looking like they need a lift, hereâs five tips
thatâ
ll get them looking and feeling better in no time:

1. If your plants have dusty leaves, give them a shower. I'm lucky enough to
have a sprayer on my kitchen sink to do this with ease. If you don't have a
sprayer, give them a shower in your shower or tub. Doing this will
automatically
improve the health of the plant and make it look a lot better.

2. Cut off any dead or diseased foliage. This will help the plant put its'
energy into its' health rather than repairing itself.  You will be amazed at
the
difference this makes.

3. If you see roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the container,
it's time to re-pot it. Simply pot the plant in the next size up container
filling in the gaps with a good potting soil.

4. One of the best tips I have ever learned about houseplants is about
watering. It is very simple and following it makes sure you don't over- or
under-
water. To check if your plant needs watering, simply poke your finger into the
top inch or so of potting soil. If you feel moisture, don't water. If you don't
feel any moisture, water.

5. Fertilize with a diluted fertilizer at each watering rather than what's
recommended on the package. Use about 1/4 the amount of fertilizer that the
directions call for. This will ensure that you are fertilizing enough.

Follow these five tips and you'll be amazed at how healthy and vibrant your
plants will look.

About the Author:  Monica Resinger is the creator of 'Homemaker's Journal
E-Publications' where you will find many fun and informative home and garden
related e-books, tip sheets and how to sign up for her FREE home and garden
newsletter!  Click here to visit:  http://homemakersjournal.com/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/AZzolB/TM

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.