Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get your Recipes Together!

Here a few methods I have found to organize recipes:

PHOTO ALBUMS
Your can place clipped recipes and recipe cards in a any type of photo album
(hint: go to the thrift stores and pick up inexpensive albums) although the
type of albums that you can add pages to would be best because this will help
you organize the album better. You can place tabs on pages to divide the album
into categories then simply place your clipped recipes into the appropriate
category. This method is a great way to keep all loose recipes together. The
plastic protection will help keep your recipes clean.

A RECIPE FILE
Get an accordion-type file to organize clipped recipes and recipe cards.
Label each section with a different recipe category then simply file your
recipes.
This method will at least keep them all together and is quick, but you will
have to sort through all the recipes in a certain category when trying to find
a particular recipe.

A RECIPE BOX
With a recipe box, you can put different categories onto tabbed dividers and
you can buy more dividers if necessary. You can file clipped recipes but it is
neater if you write them onto recipe cards which is time consuming. As with
the accordion file, you'll have to sort through recipes in a category to find
one.

A COMPUTER RECIPE PROGRAM
If you have a little spare time this is a great way to compile all of your
favorite recipes--including ones in your recipe books. These programs are
pre-formatted so you just fill in the blanks. It can get time consuming
entering in
all your recipes, but if you stick to entering in 1 or 2 recipes a day, you'll
make some progress.

There's a number of benefits using this method, one being that you can easily
find recipes and print them out. You can print out recipes and make homemade
cookbooks to give to your friends and relatives. The program will figure the
nutrition information for your recipes. Some programs offer a menu maker and a
shopping list. It's also easy to locate certain recipes with certain
ingredients. For example, if I have ground beef on hand, I can do a search for
âground
beefâ and the program will bring up all recipes with ground beef in it. Also,
these programs come with recipes--so if you don't want to enter your own,
you'll still have a great cookbook to use all these features on.

A THREE-RING BINDER
I use the three-ring binder in conjunction with my recipe programs.  I have
put tabbed page dividers into it and labeled each divider with its own recipe
category. Whenever I print out a recipe to use from my recipe programs, I punch
holes in it and place it into the appropriate category in the three-ring
binder. This eliminates the need for me to re-print the recipe later.
I hope this article gives you some ideas for organizing your recipes. Recipe
collecting can be a fun hobby especially if it is organized!

About the Author:  Monica Resinger is the creator of 'Homemaker's Journal
E-Publications' where you will find many fun and informative home and garden
related e-books, tip sheets and how to sign up for her FREE home and garden
newsletter!  Click here to visit:  http://homemakersjournal.com/

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links