*Dear Partners,*

* *

*We have an Urgent requirement for Linux / Solaris UNIX Administrator *

* *

*Duration:  6 Months*

* *

*Location:  Houston , TX *

* *

*Please Send Appropriate Profiles Only*

* *

*Project / Position Description: *

* *

*The Information Services Division is responsible for:*

* *

   - Managing the Client's technology infrastructure
   - Supporting, maintaining and enhancing existing business systems
   - Delivering and deploying new systems, technologies and services

The Division supports all of the business divisions, with a dedicated team
that works closely with that business to understand its particular
technology needs. In the role of Unix Systems Administrator you will be
responsible for upgrading and maintaining UNIX servers, backup and
enterprise storage solutions and planning process and application
improvements. You will provide the highest level of technical support and
analyse and resolve escalated problems.

*Responsibilities will include:*

   - Linux and Solaris System management and support
   - USG/Developer Liaison
   - DR Planning and Testing
   - System Builds and Development
   - Technical Project Management
   - Evaluation of new technologies

Applicants *must have UNIX System Administration experience* and it is
preferred that they have a demonstrated* financial services background. *They
will possess initiative and be comfortable working in a changing environment
and be able to perform under pressure. Some travel within the US and Canada
will be required and you will report to the UNIX Team Leader in Houston and
the Regional Engineering Manager in New York. It should be noted that some
weekend work is required, but overnight support is not required at this
point in time.

This role is ideal for self-starters who thrive off autonomy and are adept
at seizing opportunities. Applicants must be customer-focused and have
excellent communication skills. Ideally they will be qualified to degree
level with proven experience in a customer support role.

*Required Skills: *

* *

*Essential technical skills include:*

   - Strong Linux and Solaris skills including;
   - Initial build using Kickstart and Jumpstart
   - Ongoing management such as patching and upgrades
   - Understanding of OS Storage Management (multi-pathing, volume
   management etc)
   - Backups, preferably with knowledge of Legato Networker
   - Understanding of directory services such as NIS, DNS, LDAP, QIP
   - Scripting, in Perl and Shell, in order to automate manual processes

*Preferred, but not essential technical skills include;*

   - Veritas Clustering products
   - SAN and Storage management, preferably with EMC and Veritas experience
   - Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis abilities
   - Experience with remote-site disaster recovery involving both clustered
   and non-cluster services.

*Essential non-technical skills include;*

   - Understanding of ITIL and IT management concepts such as change
   management and problem management.
   - Ability to work as part of a remote team as a self-starter
   - Ability to manage and negotiate project demands.

*If you are interested in this position please respond me with a word
formatted résumé, rate and Contact details*

Thanks & Regards

* *

*Chandra Kudiri*
Main:    (734) 437-5500 Ext:888
Direct:  (734) 862-1950
Fax:     (734) 437-5508
ckud...@igridtech.com
*iGrid Technologies, Inc.*
*Listen, Think and Deliver...*
www.igridtechnologies.com  Y IM : *chandu_staffing*
** Note: We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail.
Under Bills 1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S.Congress, this mail
cannot be considered Spam as long as   we include contact information and a
method to be removed from our mailing list. To be removed from our mailing
list, please reply with "REMOVE" in the subject line and your email address
in the body. Include Complete Address and/or Domain/Aliases to be removed.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience**