On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Mark J. Nelson <Mark.J.Nelson at sun.com> wrote:

> For now, I would love to hear from Contributors and Sponsors. ?Does this
> sound like a step in a useful direction? ?Would you use such a thing?

Yes, this sounds like a step in the right direction.  It seems to me
that the current process has the contributor doing the fun work and
has the sponsor doing all of the drudge work.  I get the feeling that
this is a disincentive to sponsorship.  And what's perverse about this
disincentive is that it's likely greatest for precisely that set of
bugs that get people started contributing, the oss-bite-size bugs.
This proposal seems like it would reduce the drudgery of sponsorship.

Chad