On 05/ 5/09 05:18 AM, ????? ???????????? wrote:
> On 5/4/09, Bonnie Corwin <Bonnie.Corwin at sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I updated the request-sponsor table today with Dtrace putbacks from Chad
>> Mynhier, sponsored by Rafael Vanoni.
>>
>>  These putbacks bring the total contributions via the Sponsor Program to
>> 400.
>
> When was the sponsor program created? How does this number compare to
> the number of contributions to other operating systems like Linux and
> FreeBSD?

Hi,

The program was created when we launched in June 2005.  The first code
contribution was offered by Cyril Plisko just after launch and
integrated two weeks later by Dan Mick.  The history is captured in the
request-sponsor table (Cyril's first contribution is at the top of the
'Fix Integrated' section).

I don't know how the number compares because we've been focused on
better enabling contributions here.  And the Sponsor Program is only one
way to contribute to OpenSolaris.  Contributors also directly
participate in and lead projects on opensolaris.org, and we don't
currently have a way to produce metrics around that participation.

Bonnie