Two days ago, I opened a new CR on bugs.opensolaris.org

Revive UltraSPARC I support

Unlike the flurry of other reports I submitted at the same time, I haven't
received the CR id yet.  Anyway, this is a duplicate of

5004452 Should 64-bit UltraSPARC-I rise from the grave?

which was previously closed as wontfix.  I have a large part of the
(trivial/mechanical) fixes ready, but a couple of open questions remain
before I post the webrev.  So I'm looking for a sponsor to help with those
questions and guide me through the integration of this much-requested
change.

I've just received independent confirmation that an ufsboot built from the
patched snv 20060327 sources allowed an Enterprise 4000 with 4 167 MHz CPUs
to boot Solaris 10 successfully.

Regards.
        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University