Hi Roland,
As long as the ksh93 versions of the alias, bg, cd, command, fc, fg,
getopts, hash, jobs, kill, read, test, type, ulimit, umask, unalias,
and wait built-ins treat all of the options recognized by these ksh
built-ins the same way as the current ksh built-ins; I would think this
would be a simple fast-track since existing scripts will not be
affected by the change.  The real work will be updating the man pages
for the shells and the man pages for these builtins for the built-ins
to document the new options added and make clear which versions of
those built-ins support the new options.

When you and your sponsor have the ARC materials and updated man pages
ready, I'll be happy to sponsor your fast-track if you want me to.

 - Don