Hello!

I have a problem with Resin and Apache, where Apache generates the
following 503 error message at random points in time:

"Service unavailable! The server is temporarily unable to service your
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems..."

The server is setup with in a three layer configuration, with a web cache
and Apache web server on one machine, and Resin 2.1.17 on another.

The error message occurs at random times, but only when the browser
refreshes a page by itself (ie. meta refresh or using javascript to
change the URL of one frame in a frameset.) When refireshing the page
after the error has occured, then the problem doesn't happen.

My question is really, how do I go about debugging this error message?
I realize that the error comes from Apache, but I've not been able to find
out what the problem is. The server is not under much load, and no
relevant thresholds (number of connections etc) are pushed to the limit.

How do I debug Apache / Resin to resolve this problem?

  - Andreas