Hi list.
I am running into an unfamiliar classloader issue when trying to upgrade
to Resin 3.1. Each separate application runs just fine. Although, when I
put two applications both using Apache Axis 1.4, on the same server, I
get a problem.
The first application to actually make use of Axis works fine, but when
the second app tries to run Axis code, I end up with
  java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
javax/xml/soap/SOAPMessage class
    at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.setFaultCodeAsString(AxisFault.java:386)
    at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.<init>(AxisFault.java:239)
I can then restart Resin and run the applications in the reverse order,
and now the other one gets the error.

I tried moving saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar needed by Axis from WEB-INF/lib
to the common $SERVER_ROOT/lib and that removed the LinkageError,
however I end up with some NullPointerException instead, which I have
yet to analyze...
While trying to to come up with some new ideas, has anybody else ran
into this and found a solution?
Or would somebody just be kind and explain what is going on? (The only
explanation I can come up with is that Resin classes are compiled
against classes found in jaxrpc.jar in my setup, but that seems a bit
far fetched.)

(Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to replace the SOAP
implemantation altogether, but that does not seem like an option right
now, given the amount of time I have available)

Thanks in advance,

 /Mattias