Michael Ludwig schrieb am 22.09.2009 um 13:11:56 (+0200):
> The Resin Eclipse Feature (REF) produces exceptions on my Eclipse
> Galileo (3.5) on Java 1.6 on Windows XP.
>
> After installation of the REF and the recommended subsequent restart,
> when clicking on the Servers view for the first time, there is an error
> that wasn't there before:
>
>    Could not initialize class
>    org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.provisional.UIDecoratorManager
>
> Creating a Resin server ("temporary directory" flavour) works for me.
> When finishing the creation process, the error reoccurs:
>
>    Could not initialize class
>    org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.provisional.UIDecoratorManager

I've encountered this error again. I think I know the cause: starting
Eclipse with a Java belonging to a JRE when a full JDK is required.

As for why it is required, I think installation of the Maven (m2)
plugin might be the cause; I got a warning to this effect after
start-up.

So this has nothing to do with Resin or Tomcat, at least not directly.

--
Michael Ludwig