On 10/20/2010 12:39 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Aaron Freeman wrote:
>>    Bah I stumbled on this, but it doesn't appear to do what I was hoping:
>>
>> <context-param>
>> <param-name>baz</param-name>
>> <param-value>value</param-value>
>> </context-param>
>>
>> When I tried to reference that in a test.jsp like this, it is empty:
>>
>> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>
>>
>> Any other way to do this?
>>
> Hmm. I'd forgotten that context-param is application.getInitParam.
>
> You can use ${initParam.baz} to get the context-param value.
>
> I can't remember any way to set the application attributes directly from
> the config file, although we could enhance resin:set to allow for
> var="#{application.bar}".
>
> -- Scott

A coworker stumbled upon ${initParam.baz} -- the only unfortunate thing
about that is, we are trying to do this:

<context-param baz="${varWePassedIn}"/>

And when we dump ${initParam.baz} it renders literally as
"${varWePassedIn}" instead of the value of ${varWePassedIn}.

The resin:set solution sounds great.  Would this be more intuitive:

<resin:set var="bar" value="${passedInValue}" scope="application"/>

Where you reference a scope instead of have the #{application.bar} syntax?

Thanks,

Aaron