On 04/06/2011 06:36 PM, Keith Fetterman wrote:
> In resin 4.0.16, what is the difference between the<host>  tag
> attributes "id" and "host-name"?  Are they the same thing?  In the
> documentation it says:
>
> http://www.caucho.com/resin-4.0/reference.xtp#host
>
> id  -  primary host name
> host-name   - Canonical host name
>
> I don't think I have come across an example in Resin's documentation
> where the<host>  tag uses the "id" attribute.

Normally, you should use host-name and ignore "id". "id" is primarily
for backward compatibility, although it is used for the internal version
tag ("/production/webapps/host-id/webapp-id") and for JMX, so
theoretically you could have a different id for administration purposes
(not sure why, though.)