Hi Bill,

thanks for your reply. It only works if YAML support is not included in
RESTeasy. But in JBoss Application Server it is included
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Web_Platform/5/html/RESTEasy_Reference_Guide/Built_in_YAML_Provider.html.

In this case ResteasyProviderFactory.getMessageBodyReader returns the
YamlProvider for the unkown content-type (*/*)  which is not able to
unmarshal the XML data to the Java class.

Arnd