Resteasy cannot dispatch based on header, but I don't recommend a custom
header anyways.  The best practice solution is to use URIs i.e.
/v1.0/api and have your client driven by links.  You should also make
your apis and media types backward compatible.  Its just good practice
no matter what type of API, REST, Java, or whatever you're doing.

A custom header can often be removed by proxies.  For CORS requests, you
also have to write custom code to handle custom headers on the server-side.

On 4/6/2014 8:06 AM, Aleš Bregar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> was going through docs on version 2.3.x but couldn't find appropriate
> answer on may issue.
>
> I would like to produce versioned api where uri does not change. The
> idea is to intercept resource locating before auto match happen and
> decide which method to invoke based on some custom header (eq.
> Api.Version=x).
>
> I have found that this can also be achieved by using Accept header
> (where version info may be stated) but I am not truly convinced due I
> would like to produce plain application/json.
>
> Or if my idea with custom header presented above is ok, how the scenario
> may be produced by using resteasy.
> PreProcess interceptor seems not right as it intercepts after regex
> match to method happen.
>
> Thank you in advance

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat