I'm trying to implement NTLM authentication for my RestEasy client accessing a
third party rest service with no success.

As far as I can tell this is all I need to do for preemptive basic
authentication, how to I extend this to work with a set of NTCredentials?

ResteasyClient client = new ResteasyClientBuilder().build();

       BasicAuthentication filter = new BasicAuthentication(config.user,
config.password);
       client = client.register(filter);

       ResteasyWebTarget target = client.target(config.url);

       ProxyClient proxy = target.proxy(ProxyClient.class);

       return proxy.getApplication("1");

I've knocked my head against this for over 3 days now!

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the
addressee and is not necessarily the official view or communication of the New
Zealand Customs Service.

This email may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged.
If you have received it by mistake, please:
(a) reply promptly to that effect, and remove this email and the reply from
your system; and
(b) do not act on this email in any other way.