In my backup of about 50 client systems, I've most often configured the
client to backup the Startup Volume of a specified collection of volumes.
This choice was made to avoid the possibility of backing up CD-ROMs (which
are read-only anyway) and removable media which the user might want to
dismount while the backup was underway.  (We do incrementals during the
day.)

If a colleague expected to have his/her Zip disk backed up along with the
rest of their volumes, they might be sorely disappointed.  Moral: Check with
your backup administrator to ensure that the proper configuration of the
client exists to support backing up the removable volume(s).

HTH.
Brooks Peters                            (301) 227-1243 (voice)
NSWC - Carderock Division                (301) 227-5930 (fax)
Code 5500 (Bldg. 18, Rm. 127)            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
9500 MacArthur Blvd.
West Bethesda, MD 20817-5700