Interestingly enough, I have many computers that back up fine
when I use an Adaptec AHA-2906 (5MB/sec controller) SCSI controller
in the server.  I upgraded the controller to a 2940UW (40MB/sec
controller) and now I get -519 errors on 1/3 of both mac and PC
clients.  I'm guessing that Retrospect is going too fast for the
clients and thus resulting in -519's.  Has anyone else seen similar
behavior?

        I'm using an AIT-1 tape drive.  It doesn't matter which kind
of tape drive I use.  I've also played with Exabyte Ellot 820's (high
speed 8mm) and get the same result.

--