John--

Yes, I've configured an OS X Server with a LaCie DDS-3 tape drive, an
Adaptec 2930 SCSI card, and Retrospect, in order to backup the Mac HFS
side of things under the Blue Box. This is mainly to back up the NetBoot
system-- especially the users' files and the system images that all the
clients boot from. Works fine, although, of course, you're left without a
backup of your X Server side. Also, you have to either keep the Blue Box
fired up all the time or manually launch it every time you want
Retrospect to be able to launch (even when it's supposed to
automatically). Of course, this is because, Retrospect's environment, the
Blue Box, is essentially off. Any other questions, I'd be happy to
answer...

L8r,
Fred