Reply to:   RE: Opinions about DDS4?
Steve Rothman wrote:

>Sooo.... I'm back in the market for a tape drive, and my number 1 >priority is
>reliability and maintenance requirements. Any reports >from DDS-4 users greatly
>appreciated...

I've installed a single DDS-4 drive, and was impressed. Backing up a small workgroup
of 2 G4s, a platinum G3, and a 7300 (host for the tape drive), I managed an aggregate
backup speed of approximately 140 MB/minute. My client hasn't been using the drive for
long enough to worry about mechanical issues, and has had no problems except a minor
storage set and scheduling issue in Retrospect. It seems to be a great drive.

regards,

/cd

"I want to buy smoked ham...we're stocking up for winter."
 Christopher Dawe * Systems Engineer * Westwind Computing
          Seattle, Washington * (206) 522-3530