Hi folks!

Last night's backup stopped halfway through the process, asking for a
new tape. I was told by the previous sysadmin that the tapes should
"eat their own tails" and not ask for a new tape, but this is the
first time that we've hit the end of the tape in our new set of
backup tapes.

I don't know a lot about this, but should the tape do this? Is there
a setting in Retrospect to make it to this, or do I need to actually
start using another tape/set?

I'm using a DDS-3 APS tape drive, and just upgraded to Retrospect
4.3. We have a two-week tape rotation set, using a different tape for
each night Monday-Friday. On Friday we do a full backup set, with
incrementals during the week. The laptops are on their own backup
server set during the day.

Sorry about the newbie-type question, but I still don't have the hang
of this. :)

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.theblackroad.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      ICQ: 8458071
"Now you see the nature of my wife. She giveth from the left hand of
generosity, then puncheth in the face with the right fist of cruel
whimsy." -- Ethan Skemp, on Aileen E. Miles