I am curious if you recreated the Users & Groups file in the course
of your ASIP upgrade.  That certainly should fix the crashing, at
least for a while.  The memory leak you mention is actually ASIP
using available memory for cache.  It is a common mistake to think it
is a leak.  You can set the amount ASIP leaves available for the OS
and other apps.

Rhona Cash wrote:
>I have had success finally after dealing with my server being crashed
>after each backup for 4 months or longer. I upgrade our remotely backed
>up server to OS 9.0.4/ ASIP 6.3.2 and Retrospect 4.3 last Thursday.
<snip>
>  It also seemed as if I was having a memory leak
>since each morning if I caught the server before it crashed the windows
>wouldn't redraw and the Mac OS had maxed out the memory until I
>restarted.
>
>I guess I will not know if my problem was the Mac OS 8.6 or Retrospect
>4.2 or both but it is finally solved.

Eric Zylstra
[EMAIL PROTECTED]