From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf
Of Jaeger, Luke
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 10:16 AM
To: 'retro'
Subject: Exabyte M2 - lock up your daughters!

I just installed an external Exabyte M2 tape drive on my backup server. Holy
mother of Elvis, does this thing smoke. 400 MB/min thruput on local volumes,
up to 300 MB/min over the network. In case you're looking to spend a big wad
of money on a tape backup system, consider this one.

(Backup server = blue G3/300 with Adaptec 2940UW scsi host on switched 100
Mbps ethernet. Your mileage may vary. Talk to your doctor).

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent the
opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.

*