We've been backing up to Onstream's Echo drives (DI30: IDE, 15GB) with mixed
results.  I like these drives (price is nice, IDE interface) but lately I've
been wondering about the quality.

Two out of the three we've purchased so far were plagued by bad media errors
(-206) in Retrospect.  I tried different tapes and in fact the tapes that
resulted in the errors worked fine on the third tape drive.

Has anyone else had experience with these drives?  What's your opinion?  We
have another one on order but I think that will be the last if this happens
again.

I was thrilled by the idea that I could have 4 or 5 of these working
together for the price of 1 DAT drive so I'll be disappointed if it turns
out they are junk.

I know this isn't technically a Retrospect question so feel free to blast me
but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

Joel Moore
DCI Systems, Inc.