I'm coming from the PC world here, but there must be some Mac utilities out
there for splitting large files up.  To see what I mean search for "file
splitter" at http://www.softseek.com.  These are all PC utilities but if you
follow some of the links to the home pages you may find that they also
provide Mac versions as well.  Alternatively you could find a Mac software
search site and search for similar programs.

I guess the only question will be whether the programs can handle a file
that size.  It seems most of these are designed for splitting files so they
fit on floppy disks.

Joel Moore