Ok, I've got a question.

My Mac that does the backups locked up over the weekend and so last
night before I left I told the computer to TOOLS->REPAIR->UPDATE FROM
EXISTING CATALOG.

I knew it would take a while so I decided to just leave it running last night.

I came in this morning and the tape drive (DLT) is still running and
the dialog on the screen says "Resynchronizing (slow)"

1. Why did it start a slow resync?

2. This is almost 14 hours later,  About 65GB of data, uncompressed,
is that normal?

The log shows that it encountered a bunch of errors and to clean the
head, so that might be part of it.  I was more curious of why it kept
running all night long though.

It seems to me that after so many errors/hours, it would do something
different.