Julia,

I can't speak for the other tape formats but I have always used DLT as it
seems to be the "Industry Standard".  I would recommend taking a look at the
HP series of Autoloaders.  I use an HP SureStore 818 which holds up to (8)
40GB Tapes (80GB compressed) so I can store up to 640GB on a set.  In
reality I only use 6 tapes in the magazine to keep things more manageable so
I can get up to 480GB on a magazine set.  We also have lots of single DLT
drives around but I only use those for special tasks.  So far It's been
working out very well .....

Here's a link to the HP series of products for you >
http://www.products.storage.hp.com/eprise/main/storage/DisplayPages/storagei
ndex.htm

David Kraut
Alpharetta, GA