Hi Chris,

Review Board doesn't have any way of preventing code from being checked in.
As H M said, you'll need a pre-commit hook for this. I think there's one on
http://reviews.review-boardorg/ somewhere. At some point we may bundle and
document one, but not until we have a solid concept of policy control in the
project, and we don't have that today.

Updating diffs is a manual process, but post-review makes it a lot easier.
Just one command and your review request is created/updated. Some people
automate this with a post-commit hook as well, but again, we don't have an
official one to recommend at this time.