Hi Roshan,

Yeah, it's definitely annoying. This is, sadly, not under our control, but
it's happening to a LOT of groups hosted on googlegroups.com, so I'm sure
they're looking into it.

As it is, they have to pass a captcha to get an account. Even if we turned
on admin-required acceptance of new users, we'd have no way of knowing if
it's a bot or not.