Lobby for http://reviews.reviewboard.org/r/1144/ to get committed and
you should be all set. :) For now, the only options are to use the web
form or specify a revision range manually.

Can you explain more about the error with the web form? You mentioned
git diff, and if you meant that literally, that would end up diffing
your working copy changes against whatever is your HEAD. If your HEAD
is not a revision in the remote repository, RB won't understand what
you are diffing against.

Dan