Christian,

Thanks for the quick response on those queries.

On Friday 01 January 2010 04:58:36 Christian Hammond wrote:
> The documentation doesn't match because it covers 1.0.x, and you're
> running the 1.1 (soon 1.5) development branch.
I guessed this is the case. I was just a bit optimistic when I saw that
there was a manual for the "dev" version :-)

> You shouldn't have to add the scmtools by hand. Did you run the
> prepare-dev script? It should do it for you. If you did and it failed,
> run 'setup.py install' and then ./reviewboard/manage.py
> registerscmtools'
I did run the prepare-dev script, and it appeared to work (extract from
my original email below).

> On Thursday, December 31, 2009, bradh <br...@frogmouth.net> wrote:
> > I'm trying to follow the instructions at
> > http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/codebase/dev/getting-started/#gettingstar
> >ted and it looks like its mostly working. The prepare-dev.py script ends
> > with "Your Review Board tree is ready for development."

So I tried running "setup.py install" in the reviewboard checkout. It
appears that it can't find a suitable version of djblets, even after I
tried installing (again with "setup.py install") the git version.of djblets.
The "setup.py install" of reviewboard ends with:

Installed /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.1alpha3.dev-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for ReviewBoard==1.1alpha3.dev
Searching for Djblets>=0.5.7
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/mirror/
Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/nightlies/
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/Djblets/
Reading http://www.review-board.org/wiki/Djblets
Reading http://downloads.review-board.org/releases/Djblets/0.5/
Reading http://downloads.review-board.org/releases/
No local packages or download links found for Djblets>=0.5.7
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('Djblets>=0.5.7')

Brad