Another piece of information ....

I am using MySQL Server 5.1 but during rb-site install dialogue I was
only given the following option:

* What database type will you be using?

    You can type either the name or the number from the list below.

    (1) sqlite3

which I selected and it seemed to have installed successfully.

Is this not right?