I think Clearcase can be used in a way where that type of extended
path is valid. You should double check if you can open that file path
directly yourself and perhaps see why it might think that is the
previous version. I don't really understand the logic used to find
previous revisions in ClearCaseClient methods, but it appears able to
generate this kind of path. I also remember the original review for
this change had screenshots of extended paths and an option to shorten
then, so he seemed to expect this kind of craziness.

Dan