Hi Arvind,

How did you compile your python ? ( Did you the sqlite3 dev headers
installed before installing python ?. If not probably you would not find
_sqlite3.so file)

Can you check if you have _sqlite3.so file in
your /usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload.

I suspect this could be the cause of error " DatabaseError: unable to open
database file"

I have encountered this situation a couple of weeks earlier with the problem
described.

Also, I assume Christian is asking for
                 1. Web-server conf file : This lies in ,if using httpd ,
Path_to_http_installation/conf/httpd.conf
                                                     or if installed as root
(without any ./configure --prefix) you should find it at
                                                     /etc/*httpd*/*conf*/*
httpd*.*conf*
                 2. After doing DEBUG = True in settings_local.py, re-start
the server (please note the time and date. that helps), attach the
httpd_error log (found at /var/log/*httpd*/error_log if normal installation)
or if a custom --prefix installation was done then at
Path_to_http_installation/logs/error_log.
                 3. When you get a error page, don't do a "Select all, copy"
and paste it here. Rather in your browser go to (File -> Save as -> Webpage
(html) ) and send that along.

These would give proper information for a debug.

Anshul Ranjan
Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) ,
Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur