On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Stephen Gallagher
<step...@gallagherhome.com> wrote:
> Could you write up your complete steps to getting PyLucene installed and
> working on Red Hat? I'd like to turn those steps into a tool to include
> with my EPEL packages.

I don't have steps, but I have packages.

RPMs are on S3:
http://shrub.appspot.com/files.antoncohen.com/software/pylucene/

PyLucene is the only package required by Review Board. But to build
PyLucene from source (e.g., rpmbuild --rebuild) you need JCC, and to
build JCC you need to patch python-setuptools. The setuptools patch
comes from their bug tacker [1], modified to patch against the EL6
version. I based the spec files on ones created by Felix Schwarz [2].
The SRPMs build with rpmbuild, though I haven't tried from in mock.
Tested on Scientific Linux 6 with Review Board 1.5.5 from EPEL. If you
are going to build these packages I recommend building on a throw-away
dev machine (or in a chroot), and only installing the PyLucene package
in production, that way you don't have a weird patched setuptools in
production.

[1] http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue43
[2] http://www.schwarz.eu/opensource/rpm/

Thanks,