Hi James,

What browser are you using? You may have been bit by a bug that's been fixed
since RC2, if using IE. That's a good reason to downgrade (or use our
nightlies).

E-mail should work if that option is disabled.

As for the PIL issue, what system is this installed on? Most Linux distros
provide a packaged version of PIL that handle all the image formats you'd
care about. You probably want to just install that. On Ubuntu/Debian, this
is "python-imaging".