On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Rohini Kumar Tharigonda
<rok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> chmod -R 777 /var/www/reviewboard/

I would not recommend doing this. It is very dangerous to allow the
apache user, or any untrusted user the ability to write to your web
root. It means if there is a vulnerability they will be able to
re-write the .wsgi and .py files, or be able to drop a php shell in
htdocs. Ideally places in htdocs where apache can write, like
uploaded/ would have script handlers disabled.

> service iptables stop

I doubt this is the issue, the OP got an error on the RB web page, so
web access works. I personally like firewalls.

> in /etc/selinux/config  SELINUX=disabled

SELinux can cause things like this. I didn't for me. For me the RB
install with a local DB worked with SELinux. Only search and remote DB
were blocked by SELinux. But SELinux is a good thing to check. The
SELinux logs are in /var/log/audit.

> chown -R apache /var/www/reviewboard/data
> chown -R apache /var/www/reviewboard/

I my opinion apache should not own the whole reviewboard directory,
for the security reason above. Do this instead:

chown -R apache:apache /var/www/rb/htdocs/media/uploaded
chown -R apache:apache /var/www/rb/data

Thanks,
Anton