Hi Paul,

We do intentionally send it to the author of the change, in order to provide
a full history in e-mail.

Part of the reason we do this is that many people are moving away from an
e-mail-based solution, and actually even with RB they use e-mail as their
main view into the activity of a review request, and having the whole
history helps.

It's also an anchor point for threading. If you don't have the first e-mail,
then we don't have a message ID to refer to in the reviews, so you'd end up
with multiple threads instead of one.

Christian