Hello,

I got some more information from the PyLucene mailing-list.

On 2011-10-25 10:52, va...@apache.org wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>The usual problem with embedding a Python extension built with JCC in an
>Apache process - which I guess is what you are doing - is that the process
>and threads where JCC is used in not properly initialized:
>  - initVM() must be called from the main thread before any Java call can
>be
>    made.
>  - other threads must call attachCurrentThread() before they can make any
>    Java call.
>
>Andi..

Calling the thread function can be done with:
lucene.getVMEnv().attachCurrentThread()

However, I am not shure where to put this call. Furthermore I found two
spots where initVM is called, and I am also unsure whether those lines get
executed in the main thread or in an additional thread.

initVM() is found in:
reviewboard/reviews/views.py
reviewboard/reviews/management/commands/index.py

Can anyone help me to dig deeper on this threading issue?

Regards, Ruben