According to RFC2181 domain names can be a maximum of 255 characters.
As we have some team members that have 40+ characters in the
combination of their first and last names, I'd recommend bumping this
to a to at least 255 (the maximum size of a VARCHAR in MySQL <= 5.0.3)
or even better, make a 5.0.4 a minimum requirement for MySQL and make
it larger. PostgreSQL doesn't have this issue (I, however, prefer
MySQL).

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Igor Berger <codewiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to specify a mailing for a review group. Unfortunately, the list
> email address is too long.
> It's not possible to make it shorter, because of a very long domain name.
>
> The input box on the "Change review group" screen is truncating the input at
> 75 characters.
> Is there a way around this?
>
> Thanks,
> Igor.