This happens outside of interdiff too. There is never a reason to say
something can't be fixed. It may be difficult, but not impossible.

Either review-board or post-review has access to file revisions in
Perforce. All you need to do is simply set your base (original) in the diff
to be locked to the latest revision of the file (or at least match the base
revision that is in my changelist). post-review can check this prior to
updating an existing review, so there's no reason this can't be done. I
don't know the logistics of how Review Board or post-review works, but in
theory this is a solvable problem.