On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 19:14 -0700, mark.har...@arcinnovations.co.nz
wrote:
> I'm trying to install ReviewBoard on Enterprise Linux version 5.4.
>
> As part of the process, I understand that I need to install PySVN (I
> tried "locate pysvn" and got nothing back). I navigated to the PySVN
> project page (http://pysvn.tigris.org/project_downloads.html). The
> instructions don't have a section for installing PySVN on Enterprise
> Linux, so what should I do?
>
> I tried the Fedora-related command ("yum install pysvn") and got the
> following:
>
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
> Setting up Install Process
> No package pysvn available.
> Nothing to do
>
> Thanks.

Go to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL and install the appropriate
repository for RHEL 5. These are extra packages packaged for RHEL 5.

I maintain the ReviewBoard package in EPEL. It's currently limited to
ReviewBoard 1.5.x because EPEL 5 only supports Django 1.1.4, which is
not recent enough to support ReviewBoard 1.6.x.

If 1.5 is sufficient, you can install it by adding the EPEL repository
as described in the link above and then running 'yum install
reviewboard', followed by 'rb-site install /path/to/installation'. To
note: RHEL 5 has older versions of some client libraries, so the
graphical rb-site doesn't work. It will fall back to the text-based
interface.

If you absolutely must have ReviewBoard 1.6, then I recommend doing the
following:
yum install ReviewBoard python-setuptools
yum remove ReviewBoard Django
easy_install ReviewBoard

The reason for installing and uninstalling is that this will pull in the
dependencies you need, and then you can just remove ReviewBoard itself.
Then you can use Python's easy_install to get the latest ReviewBoard and
dependencies. Be aware that this is a tricky environment, because if
easy_install replaces any components that were installed by yum, a later
'yum update' of the system may cause them to revert. For this reason I
recommend using the RPM package of ReviewBoard 1.5.x (or upgrade to RHEL
6 and use the ReviewBoard 1.6.x package available there).