Ah, I am stupid, cut the log message too early, the first one ends with

DistributionNotFound: PIL

Strange, since PIL is installed:

PIL                       - Python Imaging Library
  INSTALLED: 1.1.7
  LATEST:    1.1.6

Anyway, I really have no idea what is happening so I am sorry if I am
posting something completely off :-)

Cheers,
Ondra