On 2012-12-28 10:20, Klaim J. Lamotte wrote:
0. The context I would use this is:
     - I'm working alone for now
     - I have some friends who can help by reviewing the code
     - until now I just gave them access to the source code but it's not
perfect to do reviews
    In this context, is there some specific feature you think would appeal
to me in ReviewBoard?

I think that would depend mainly on the degree of informality of your review process. If we're talking 'running commentary while looking over your shoulder', you probably don't need RB yet. If you want to keep a record of reviews, or even just have a structured mechanism for doing reviews, then RB will provide this.

1. Can I use Mercurial and Git with 1.7.1? It is not clear from the
documentation, I just see some discussions implying I can, but I didn't
find explicit statements.

I'm using RB with git. I haven't used it with hg, but AFAIK you can.

3. How does ReviewBoard compare to Phabricator's review system and
Atlassian's one? So far I have a hard time seeing any real difference other
than the cost.

Well, personally I'd have a hard time justifying spending money for a review tool unless I'm getting paid to write the software being reviewed. RB is free in both senses. (If you're willing to run your server on Fedora 18, RB 1.7.1 is even packaged by the distro.)

Since you mentioned hg, it's probably not an option anyway, but I'd stay away from gerrit; it's interface is absolute rubbish compared to RB.

--
Matthew