After some investigation, the reported error above was easily fixed.

As it is clearly explained
here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3466872/why-cant-a-text-column-have-a-default-value-in-mysql>,

on Windows the default configuration of MySql doesn't allow default value
for BLOB type. Setting sql_mode to "MYSQL40" in my.ini solves the problem.

But an error can hide another, and at the next run rb-site complained about
a field "diff_base64" which couldn't be added because it was present
already.

I guess that the origin of the problem is a previous unsuccessful upgrade
attempt to reviewboard 1.7. Some database changes shouldn't have been
reverted properly.

This database schema problem could be very difficult to fix, I think I'm
better off setting up a new reviewboard site from scratch. And from now
backing up my database before every upgrade !