No, you can just install the minimum version of those dependencies manually
and then install ReviewBoard. So, install Django 1.3.1 and Djblets...
whatever is in the setup.py for that release:

https://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard/blob/release-1.6.1/setup.py

There you go.

You may have to wipe any newer versions from your site-packages first.