On 2013-02-15 15:29, Christian Hammond wrote:
Yes, this is "correct" in that this is how it's known to work. It's not ideal,
though. There are many things with interdiffs that could be improved, some easy to fix,
some harder. This might not be so bad, if someone wanted to take it on. (I won't be able
to get to it any time soon.)

On a related note, is there a public list of things to improve (other than issues floating around in the tracker)?

Something related that occurred to me would be to compute the range of modified lines for each revision and throw out any (inter)diff hunks that don't appear in at least one (mainly benefits revisions with different merge bases).

Drifting even further off topic, have you ever given thought to using patience diff in RB? (I've seen spots where it would have been an improvement... might help with better moved-lines detection also. For that matter, what would be REALLY cool would be to compute common lines across the entire patch, to get cross-file line move detection :-).)

On another related note, moved-lines detection might benefit from doing similarity comparison on adjacent lines, to find lines that were moved with changes.

(There's lots of stuff - like this - that I'd actually love to work on if I could justify doing it 'on the clock'...)

--
Matthew