On 2013-06-10 13:32, Allan Caffee wrote:
Is any way to have code automatically committed/pushed to Subversion/Git
once a requisite set of users have given a review a ShipIt! I believe some
other code reviews support this and I was curious if anyone has attempted
this and whether it's something the ReviewBoard community would be
interested in.

AFAIK there is not such a tool at present. I for one would definitely be interested in having one available.

That said, I don't think it is going to be possible right now for git (unless you are doing only pre-commit review without a 'branchy' workflow, which is probably less common) as there is not a standard way of recording the branch head that you could use to perform a merge. (This is *VERY* high on my wish list.)

What might be manageable in the current framework would be if there is some way to stuff the SHA that matches the request into the changenum field. From this it is possible to derive the symbolic name of the branch (i.e. for pretty merge commit messages). At any rate, you want the SHA no matter what as it ensures that what you are merging actually matches the request.

For svn, it is easier because you aren't dealing with an existing commit. In either case you are probably talking about separate tools/extensions at least for git and svn, possibly even two different ones for git (for pre- and post-commit review).

--
Matthew