On 08/20/2013 12:34 PM, Michaela Newell wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Thanks for reply. It is RHEL/CentOS 6. It did not go away when I tried
> the command but the error message has changed. Output from log now is:
>
> - Error sending e-mail notification with subject 'Review Request 2: gfhgf' on
> behalf of '"XXXX" <xxxx.x...@xxxx.com>' to '"XXXX" <xxxx.x...@xxxx.com>':
> STARTTLS extension not supported by server.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/reviewboard/notifications/email.py",
> line 244, in send_review_mail
>     message.send()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/mail/message.py", line
> 248, in send
>     return self.get_connection(fail_silently).send_messages([self])
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/mail/backends/smtp.py",
> line 85, in send_messages
>     new_conn_created = self.open()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/mail/backends/smtp.py",
> line 51, in open
>     self.connection.starttls()
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 611, in starttls
>     raise SMTPException("STARTTLS extension not supported by server.")
> SMTPException: STARTTLS extension not supported by server.

Ok, so that's a different problem, which *does* mean that the initial
"permission denied" error was caused by SELinux. So we'll work on that next.

This error above tells me that you misconfigured your email
configuration. It's trying to use TLS for communicating with the SMTP
server, which that server doesn't support. You probably need to confer
with your mail administrator for what the proper settings are there.

> The audit2allow -a command came back with command not found, running as
> root.

You need to do 'yum install /usr/bin/audit2allow' if you don't already
have it.